Organisers: S Abramsky (Imperial College, London), G Kahn (INRIA, Sophia-Antipolis), J C Mitchell (Stanford), A M Pitts (Cambridge)
Titles and Abstracts
- Jul 26. R. Jagadeesan (Loyola), "Verifying safety properties of Esterel programs and an application to telecommunications". A report on work by Lalita Jategaonkar Jagadeesan, C. Puchol and J. Von Olnhausen (AT&T).
- Jul 28. Kurt Sieber (Saarlandes), "Full Abstraction via Logical Relations".
- Aug 2. Ugo Montanari (Pisa), "Checking bisimilarity for finitary history-dependent systems".
- Aug 4. Harald Sondergaard (Melbourne), "Semantics-based analysis of (constraint) logic programs".
- Aug 25. Vijay Saraswat (Xerox Parc), "Non-monotonicity in synchronous programming: a model for instantaneous defaults".
- Aug 30. Cedric Fournet (INRIA Rocquencourt), "The reflexive CHAM and the join-calculus".
- Sep 2. Ian Stark (Cambridge and Pisa), "Domains, functor categories and the pi-calculus".
- Sep 6. David Rydeheard (Manchester) will provide an entertainment presenting proofs in category theory via wood and elastic (known as "stretching a point"!).
- Sep 8. Peter Selinger (Pennsylvania), "Lambda-terms cannot be ordered".
- Sep 13. Kim Bruce (Williams College), "The search for a "good" static-type discipline for object-oriented
- Sep 15. Philip Scott (Ottawa), "Linear Lauchli semantics and full completeness theorems".
- Sep 20. Benjamin Pierce (Cambridge), "Using types to compare objects and ADTs".
- Oct 11. Djordje Cubric (DPMMS), "On the semantics of the universal quantifier".
- Oct 13. R. Constable (Cornell), "Expressing computational complexity in Type Theory".
- Oct 25. Achim Jung (Birmingham), "Domain theory in logical form for continuous domains".
- Oct 27. Jon Riecke (AT&T Bell Labs), "Kripke Logical relations and PCF".
- Nov 1. Cliff Jones (Manchester), "Fixing the semantics of some concurrent object-oriented concepts: SOS and
- Nov 3. Sandip K. Biswas (Pennsylvania), "Dynamic Slicing in Higher-Order Program".
- Nov 15. Peter Dybjer (Chalmers), "An Introduction to Reduction-Free Normalization".
- Nov 17. Mathias Kegelmann (Birmingham), "Factorization Systems on Domains".
- Nov 29. Barry Jay (Sydney UT), "The Functorial Type System".
- Dec 8. John Mitchell (Stanford), "Classes = Objects + Data Abstraction".
- Monday Dec 11 at 2pm. A.Carbone (Technical University of Vienna), "Some combinatorics behind proofs".
- Dec 13. Pierre-Louis Curien (Paris ENS), "Abstract machines for dialogue games".
- Thursday Dec 14 at 2.15pm. Carl Gunter (Univ. Pennsylvania), "Abstracting dependencies between software configuration items".